The Finest and Most Generous Voice Actors and Singers!
Children’s Holiday Magic Project is now accepting submissions for the 15th edition CD of “Holiday Magic, A Gift for Children of all Ages.”
A holiday recording to brighten the holidays of the children and their siblings at Children’s Hospitals.
CD’s will be distributed in December 2017.
About the Audience!
Please remember the primary audience. Most of the children who will receive this CD are ages 4 to 12, while some will be teenagers. This is a wide range of children, so the CD will need to provide a variety of entertainment. Children have a short attention span, which can be even shorter with the distractions and emotional stress of being in the hospital. Consider songs and tales that are upbeat, easy to follow and understand. While creativity is important, entries that are traditional in nature are also welcome as a source of familiarity.
Moral and educational stories that stretch the imagination and bring hope, fun and joy, will also make a difference.
- Submit a song, story, riddle or rhyme, anything that welcomes Holiday time!
- Make it less than four minutes.
- It doesn’t have to be original as long as you have the rights to use it…although original is great! All songs and stories submitted are deemed permission granted and available for use on the Children’s Holiday Magic Project CD.
- Writers are welcome to submit their stories for us to get produced by a Professional Voice Talent.
- Send it on CD, or e-mail a wav, aif or MP3 file.
- Character voices are encouraged; however, we already have Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus.
- All entries must be complete and fully recorded for use.
- Our 2017 Jeffery the surfer reindeer and Santa storyline theme is taking care of mother earth with a new Native American character named Little Deer.
- Be sure you’re signed up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to stay up to date, and Friend us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Interested in writing a story for the “Jeffery the surfer reindeer and Santa 2017 Tale?
- Writers are welcome to submit their stories and possibly be chosen for us to get produced by Professional Voice Talents. (deadline for story writers is May 31st, 2017)
Children’s Holiday Magic Project, Inc., P.O. Box 3386, San Diego, CA 92163 or Jeff@HolidayMagicCD.org
The top submissions will be selected based on creativity, generosity and theme, and will receive artist exposure, be included on the CD with acknowledgments, receive a copy of the CD, and receive the “GelderHead Award of Excellence for Creativity and Generosity!”
- EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2017. Thank you! Our 2017 goal is to distribute 12,000 CD’s. (We did 11,000 in 2016!) Help us bring a smile to a child’s face.
Send an e-mail to info@HolidayMagicCD.org (preferred) or call GelderHead Audio Productions at: (619) 795-1740.
Holiday Magic 2015 was a huge success with great talent, and nearly 10,000 copies went to 65 hospitals internationally, including Children’s Hospitals in San Diego, Orange County, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Houston, Los Angeles, Denver, Delaware, Albuquerque, Oakland, Palo Alto, St. Louis, Rhode Island, Omaha, Singapore, London and more, for the children spending their holidays in the hospital, and their siblings.
Thank you in advance for your generous contributions! And if you were featured on one of the last 14 CD’s, we hope you’ll consider submitting again this year.
Get Your Company Involved:
Every year at this time we at Children’s Holiday Magic Project begin to look for talent for the new CD to be recorded in November for distribution in December.
One of the ideas we have to reach out to new talent for the CD is to work within an organization where we can help to create a mini talent search/competition to find the best musical submission from the Folks at an organization to be on the 2015 edition of Children’s Holiday Magic CD, a gift for Children of All Ages. Every organization may well have some budding musical talent that would love to get published on our CD. If you know of one please contact info@HolidayMagicCD.org for more details.